XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD rebounded moderately after making a fresh three-month low yesterday just under 1.2965. Short covering took it back over 1.3000, but selling pressure is likely on upticks as market participants a dovish spin from ECB chief Dragh at today's ECB press conference. The bear trend was perhaps due for a rebound, and trend resistance is now seen at 1.3030, and again at 1.30-45-50 and 1.3070 (yesterday's high).
The JPY was unphased by the as-expected BoJ decision. USD-JPY consolidated just of trend highs in a tight range centered around 94.00. Trend support is noted at 93.20-30, which encompasses both a trendline and the 20-day moving average. The BoJ has ample reason to ease policy further, but held fire ahead of the new BoJ policy board takes place for the early April meeting. Governor Shirakawa will step down March 19, prior to the end of his term on April 8. ADB Governor Kuroda is on his way to being confirmed as the next Governor, who is a strong advocate of aggressive easing.
The beleaguered GBP found only limited respite versus the USD, tracking the direction of EUR-USD after Cable hit a fresh trend low of 1.4966 (Reuters indicated price low). A report in the FT had apparently helped sterling's cause, according to a market source, as it argued that BoE Governor designate Carney will be given more powers at BoE. However, and despite the fact that recent price action looks stretched to the downside by most technical trend indicators, Cable still found good offers just above 1.5000 and gains above here have consequently proved fleeting. EUR-GBP, meanwhile, has jumped to 10-day highs just shy of 0.8700 as the market lightens euro shorts ahead of the ECB announcement and press conference. Resistance can be expected at 0.8700 and again at 0.8750 and into February's major-trend peak at 0.8764.
EUR-CHF broke higher after a model fund fished for stops through 1.2300 on Wednesday. A series of resistance levels gave way and it extended through 1.2310. The next level of important resistance lies at 1.2345 and may cap in the near-term. With EUR-USD fairly static around 1.3000, USD-CHF has taken off from 0.9405 and pushed back over 0.9480, and through option barrier exposure at 0.9450. However, option defensive selling is expected to pick up due to outstanding 0.9500 barriers. EUR-CHF should be supported on dips now after the bullish break and with risk holding up, though EUR longs may be a bit restrained ahead of today's ECB meeting.
USD-CAD spiked up to 1.0330 following the BoC announcement, where rates were left unchanged, as expected. The dovish tone of the statement had been anticipated over the past couple of days, some of which was likely priced in ahead of time. The statement included "somewhat more" subdued inflation versus the January forecast, and "material exess capacity". All in all, not indicative of tightening any time soon. Option barriers at 1.0350 were defended into the highs of 1.0337, and the pairing subsequently eased back to 1.0300 before stabilizing.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- Negative Sentiment in EUR/USD Overstretched?
- Negative Sentiment in EUR/USD Overstreched?
- USD/JPY Triangle, EUR/JPY Inverse H&S Point to Weaker Yen Soon
- AUD/USD Awaiting Breakout Above Recent Highs To Open 0.9455
- GBP/USD Reclaims Lost Ground On The Back Of A Piercing Line Pattern
- NZD/USD At A Critical Juncture With A Bullish Signal In Its Wake
- USD/CAD Faces Make-Or-Break Moment As A Doji Signals Indecision
- USD/JPY Ensemble of Dojis Highlights Hesitation From Traders
- EUR/USD Retreats As Key Reversal Pattern Left Lacking Confirmation
- Gold Climbs On Ukrainian Turmoil, Crude Oil Cautiously Recovers
- Euro Looking for a Lifeline in Inflation Data as ECB Meeting Looms
- Slowing Euro CPI to Heighten Bearish EUR/USD Outlook Ahead of ECB
- Japanese Yen Unmoved After CPI, Jobs and Industrial Production Data
- Divergence in EURUSD and S&P 500 Volume Trends Shows Opportunity
- Dollar Slips But Yet to Break Ahead of Key Inflation Data, Next Week?s NFPs
- Gold Jumps to One-Week High as SPX 500 Chart Setup Warns of Pullback
- 3 Reasons Why I Use Trading Automation
- US Dollar Technical Analysis: Six-Month High to Mark a Top?
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Corrective Bounce Seen Ahead
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Signs of Topping Taking Shape
- Trading Video: Traders Chomping at the Bit for Dollar, Equities Correction
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Bulls Take Aim at 1.66 Figure
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Pullback Hinted Below 0.92
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Euro Sinks to Two-Week Low
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Selloff Stalls Above 1.08 Mark
- AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Moving to Down Trend Bound
- NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Kiwi Recovery in the Cards?
- EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Making Progress on Short Trade
- GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Support Below 172.00 in Focus
- How to Create a Trend Strategy