XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD rebounded moderately after making a fresh three-month low yesterday just under 1.2965. Short covering took it back over 1.3000, but selling pressure is likely on upticks as market participants a dovish spin from ECB chief Dragh at today's ECB press conference. The bear trend was perhaps due for a rebound, and trend resistance is now seen at 1.3030, and again at 1.30-45-50 and 1.3070 (yesterday's high).
The JPY was unphased by the as-expected BoJ decision. USD-JPY consolidated just of trend highs in a tight range centered around 94.00. Trend support is noted at 93.20-30, which encompasses both a trendline and the 20-day moving average. The BoJ has ample reason to ease policy further, but held fire ahead of the new BoJ policy board takes place for the early April meeting. Governor Shirakawa will step down March 19, prior to the end of his term on April 8. ADB Governor Kuroda is on his way to being confirmed as the next Governor, who is a strong advocate of aggressive easing.
The beleaguered GBP managed a modest recovery versus the dollar, tracking the direction of EUR-USD, after hitting a fresh trend low of 1.4966 (Reuters indicated price low). A report in the FT apparently helped sterling's cause, as it argued that BoE Governor designate Carney will be given more powers at BoE. However, Cable still remained just shy of 1.5000 at the time of writing, while EUR-GBP was sitting just of one-week highs at 0.8660.
EUR-CHF broke higher after a model fund fished for stops through 1.2300 on Wednesday. A series of resistance levels gave way and it extended through 1.2310. The next level of important resistance lies at 1.2345 and may cap in the near-term. With EUR-USD fairly static around 1.3000, USD-CHF has taken off from 0.9405 and pushed back over 0.9480, and through option barrier exposure at 0.9450. However, option defensive selling is expected to pick up due to outstanding 0.9500 barriers. EUR-CHF should be supported on dips now after the bullish break and with risk holding up, though EUR longs may be a bit restrained ahead of today's ECB meeting.
USD-CAD spiked up to 1.0330 following the BoC announcement, where rates were left unchanged, as expected. The dovish tone of the statement had been anticipated over the past couple of days, some of which was likely priced in ahead of time. The statement included "somewhat more" subdued inflation versus the January forecast, and "material exess capacity". All in all, not indicative of tightening any time soon. Option barriers at 1.0350 were defended into the highs of 1.0337, and the pairing subsequently eased back to 1.0300 before stabilizing.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 07, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- NZD/USD to Carve Higher-Low on Hawkish RBNZ Forward-Guidance
- FX Reversals: EURAUD Breaks Support
- Price & Time: Unbreakable
- BoE Sings Dovish Tune - How Threatened are GBP Longs?
- AUD/USD Threatens Break Of Range-Top With Reversal Signals Absent
- GBP/USD Sinks Below 1.7075 As BOE Voted 9-0 To Leave Rate Unchanged
- Crude Oil At A Crossroads, Gold Could Remain Elevated As USD Drops
- US Dollar Touches One-Month High, Gold in Consolidation Mode
- British Pound at Risk with July BOE Meeting Minutes in the Spotlight
- British Pound Out of Room and Facing Trial by Event Risk
- What is a Good Win Ratio?
- A Lot of Euro Technical Moves but Lacking Conviction
- Australian Dollar Rallies As Inflation Numbers Beat Expectations
- Trading Video: Has the EURUSD Drop Below 1.3500 Broken the FX Dam?
- US Dollar Technical Analysis: Rally Extends to 1-Month High
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Trend Line Resistance in Focus
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Euro Sinks to 8-Month Low
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Dollar Gains for Third Day
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Slow Down Drift Continues
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Franc Drops to 2-Month Low
- Strategy Video: EURUSD, EURJPY and EURAUD Break but Can They All Run?
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Sideways Trading Continues
- AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Short Position Still in Play
- NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Digesting Losses Below 0.87
- EUR/JPY Technical Analysis: Eyeing 4-Month Channel Floor
- GBP/JPY Technical Analysis: Oscillating Around 173.00 Mark
- AUD/USD Vulnerable to Weak 2Q CPI Report; Key Support Zones in Focus
- EURJPY Approaching 8-Month Lows, Sentiment Favors Shorts
- NZDCAD Testing Range Support Ahead of RBNZ- 9285 Key
- Dollar Surges, but Two Key Risks Warn of Euro Bounce