XE Market Analysis: Asia - Mar 06, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: Asia - Mar 06, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD broke 1.3000 after U.S. accounts chipped away at the downside to trip weak stops. The first round went through under 1.3010 and then below 1.3000 as dollar buying steepened following the U.S. ADP print. EUR backed up a bit on the factory orders drop, but overall position traders wrere more inclined to run with EUR shorts into tomorrow's ECB policy decision. A steady hand is widely expected, while Draghi should maintain a dovish stance, which will keep EUR heavier. There is a reasonable chance that EUR will trade at new 2013 lows tomorrow through 1.2965. Note, option barriers at 1.2950, 1.2925 and 1.2900.
USD-JPY gains slowed as large option strikes at 93.50 attract ahead of the N.Y. cut. It was also in territory where exporters and funds names had previously bought JPY ahead of the fiscal year-end. Later, USD-JPY edged over 94.00 tripping light stops at 93.70 in the process. A large U.S. shop raised its guidance for USD-JPY to 94 for year end, though more recently, a Swiss name lowered its forecast to 85 from 100. Apparently not much reaction to the forecast shifts, as dealers said the trend had been firmly higher since the Asian session last night, as it appears there has been good pre-BoJ related buying underway.
Cable triggered stops through 1.5100 to eventually reach under 1.5020 lows. There are suggestions amongst FX sources that the dollar is gaining ground after yesterday's surge in U.S. stocks, which saw the Dow post a record close. With central bank policy meetings due from the BoE and ECB tomorrow short term accounts are placing their faith in the dollar and the U.S. outlook. The long term risk for Cable is still under 1.5000, but we think Cable could rally tomorrow if the BoE leaves policy unchanged, which is now the outlook after yesterday's robust U.K. services PMI reading.
EUR-CHF broke higher after a model fund fished for stops through 1.2300. A series of resistance levels gave way and it extended through 1.2310. With EUR-USD fairly static around 1.3000, USD-CHF has taken off from 0.9405 and pushed back over 0.9480, and through option barrier exposure at 0.9450. EUR-CHF should be supported on dips now after the bullish break and with risk holding up, though EUR longs may be a bit restrained ahead of tomorrow's ECB meeting.
USD-CAD spiked up to 1.0330 following the BoC announcement, where rates were left unchanged, as expected. The dovish tone of the statement had been anticipated over the past couple of days, some of which was likely priced in ahead of time. The statement included "somewhat more" subdued inflation versus the January forecast, and "material exess capacity". All in all, not indicative of tightening any time soon. Option barriers at 1.0350 were defended into the highs of 1.0337, and the pairing subsequently eased back to 1.0300 before stabilizing.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: Asia - Mar 06, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- USDJPY Faces Growing Risk for Lower Low on Risk Aversion, BoJ Policy
- An Ultra-Nimble EUR/CAD Scalp Trade
- Two Key Factors Favor further British Pound Weakness versus US Dollar
- Price & Time: Cyclical Storm Coming
- Forex Strategy - NZD/USD Shrugs Off Reversal Signal to Climb Higher
- Forex Strategy - AUD/USD Bounce May Offer New Short Entries
- Forex Strategy - GBP/USD Falls May Continue Post Shooting Star Candle
- Forex Strategy - EUR/USD Bearish Reversal Candles Hint At Correction
- British Pound Rises Following Factory-Production Data
- US Dollar Recovery Signaled Ahead, SPX 500 Continues to Stall
- Forex: Euro Vulnerable as the ECB Reveals Bank Stress Test Criteria
- Japanese Yen Unresponsive as BOJ Keeps Monetary Policy Unchanged
- Crude Oil and Copper Stabilize As China Demand Concerns Ease
- How Trading Outside Of the FX Majors Can Ignite Your Trading
- Yen Cross Bulls Want Reassurance of April QE Upgrade
- Forex: US Dollar Technical Analysis ? Rebound Signal Emerges
- Forex: EUR/USD Technical Analysis ? Rally Stalls Near 1.39 Mark
- Forex: USD/JPY Technical Analysis ? A Turn Lower Brewing?
- Forex: GBP/USD Technical Analysis ? Short Trade Making Progress
- Forex: USD/CHF Technical Analysis ? Ready to Turn Higher?
- Forex: EURUSD Breakout Struggles for Drive, Yen Watches BoJ
- Forex: EUR/GBP Technical Analysis ? Euro Breaks Key Resistance
- Forex: USD/CAD Technical Analysis ? Looking for Long Entry Setup
- Forex Strategy Video: One Step Into a Dollar Collapse or Another False Break?
- Scalping the EURUSD: Breakout or Fakeout?
- Forex Forecast: Euro Soars, Dollar Slides - A Building Trend?
- Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis ? Possible Topping in the Works
- Forex: AUD/USD Technical Analysis ? Eyeing Support Below 0.90
- USD/CAD 1.1040 is Estimated Support This Week
- Forex: EUR/JPY Technical Analysis ? Readying to Turn Lower?