XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 06, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 06, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD eased after fund offers over 1.3070 capped in early trade. The dollar steepened its bid after U.S. stocks surged on Wednesday and as macro account key off the better U.S. outlook ahead of tomorrow's ECB meeting. ECB's Draghi is likely to maintain the dovish stance, which will leave EUR risk on the downside. Short term accounts could be tempted to fish for stops through 1.3000, which would threaten Monday's 1.2982 lows. The EUR looks likely to test 2013 lows at 1.2966 after tomorrow's ECB press conference if it hasn't given way before. Option barriers are layered from 1.2950 down to 1.2900.
JPY edged lower since the European open as intra-day accounts key off positive risk appetite. USD-JPY firmed up from the 93.20 area and steepened its bids through 93.40 as JPY cross demand went through. EUR-JPY buy stops were triggered after 122.00 offers gave way and it extended to 122.10. Another round of buy stops are noted above 122.20 and could give way if USD-JPY can sustain a move over 93.50. In recent sessions gains over 93.50 have met exporter offers and hedging related to the Japanese fiscal year-end at the end of March.
Cable triggered stops through 1.5100 to reach 1.5064 lows. There are suggestions amongst FX sources that the dollar is gaining ground after yesterday's surge in U.S. stocks, which saw the Dow post a record close. The S&P was also up 2% and the futures market is already showing strong opening gains as the lack of fresh news fueled follow through interest from momentum type names. With central bank policy meetings due from the BoE and ECB tomorrow short term accounts are placing their faith in the dollar and the U.S. outlook. The long term risk for Cable is still under 1.5000, but we think Cable could rally tomorrow if the BoE leaves policy unchanged, which is now widely expectations after yesterday's robust U.K. services PMI reading.
EUR-CHF broke higher after a model fund fished for stops through 1.2300. A series of resistance levels gave way and it extended through 1.2310. With EUR-USD fairly static around 1.3050, USD-CHF has taken off from 0.9405 and pushed back over 0.9435, leaving it within a short distance of recent highs around 0.9440 and option barrier exposure at 0.9450. EUR-CHF should be supported on dips now after the bullish break and with risk holding up, though EUR longs may be a bit restrained ahead of tomorrow's ECB meeting.
USD-CAD pulled back under 1.0260 on Tuesday, following the greenback's overall trend lower. Support remained in place at 1.0250 in Asia and early Europe, and generally, the pairing will likely be driven by pre-BoC positioning adjustments. The Bank will keep rates unchanged, though we see scope for a more dovish alteration in language in the March announcement. As a result, the USD-CAD downside is limited, despite the firmer risk backdrop. USD-CAD has seen good selling pressure over 1.0290 and good offers remain in place from 1.0300. Higher up stops are noted at 1.0320 ahead of 1.0350 barriers.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 06, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- Turkey central bank governor: capital flow changes may boost lira
- UK watchdog fines Lloyds record 28 mln stg for sales failings
- Austrian banks need to boost capital - cenbank
- Iceland cbank keeps main policy rate at 6.0 pct
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-German data shows mixed start to quarter, tempers optimism
- UPDATE 1-Ukrainian protesters defend square as police move in
- UK GAS-UK spot gas prices rise on undersupplied system
- Turkish c.bank to maintain cautious monetary policy stance-governor
- Denmark's central bank raises 2013 growth view slightly
- Metals, mining stocks lead Russian shares lower; rouble flat
- Kenyan shilling treads water, eyes on central bank
- Pakistan sets up Islamic banking committee to expand activity
- Polish 2013 deficit smaller than expected:finance minister
- MORNING BID: EUROPE-A daily note from our Economics/Politics Editor
- RPT-China November new bank loans above forecasts
- Turkish Oct c/a deficit $2.89 bln, in line with f'cast
- Turkish c.bank says opens 500 mln lira repo auction
- PREVIEW -India's industrial output seen contracting in October
- Czech Republic - Factors To Watch on Dec 11
- Spain sees primary budget surplus earlier than expected -paper
- Forex: USD/CHF Technical Analysis ? Franc Hits Two-Year High
- Forex: GBP/USD Technical Analysis ? Trying to Expose 1.65 Figure
- TABLE-Foreign trading in South Korean stocks
- RESEARCH ALERT-Nestle: Vontobel raises to buy
- TABLE-Sri Lanka 91-day T-bill yield 7.85 pct at auction
- TABLE-German Nov CPI confirmed at 1.3 pct y/y in Nov
- Forex: EUR/GBP Technical Analysis ? Sellers Ready to Take Over?
- Fitch Downgrades QBE's IDR to 'A-'; Affirms IFS at 'A+'; Outlook Negative
- India's Nov trade deficit narrows on falling gold, oil imports
- Forex: Yen Gains, Aussie and Kiwi Dollars Fall on Fed Taper Speculation