XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 05, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 05, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD headed to highs around 1.3075 after eurozone services PMI was revised up to 47.9 from 47.3 initially reported after upward revisions in German and French readings. The number added to the improvement in risk appetite, which was evident overnight after a positive Wall Street close. However, EUR was in territory where good offers are noted, while the uncertain political backdrop in Italy and the forthcoming ECB meeting also encouraged selling pressure upticks. These influences fueled a move back into 1.3020 by late on in the European morning. There are option expiries at 1.3050 that could draw an influence, while in recent sessions very large 1.3000 expiries have also weighed.
USD-JPY fell from the 93.50 area to traded just below 93.00 amid opposition from the DPJ to Iwata's oppointment as BoJ deputy governor after he backed changing BoJ law as an option. The other deputy governor nominee Nakaso was more restrained and said he couldn't promise to deliver the 2% CPI target in two-years. After USD-JPY triggered stops through 93.00 it ran into buyers ahead of 92.90. More support is likely into the 92.75-80 area and towards 92.50-60. The upside is looking more limited amid rising exporter hedging and also activity related to the Japanese fiscal year-end at the end of the month.
Cable headed to session highs close to 1.5200 after U.K. services PMI hit 51.8 in February, which was the highest outturn since last September. Into the release, Cable pulled back a touch from 1.5155 to 1.5130, but had been on the front foot since late N.Y. on Monday amid rumours that today's PMI reading could surprise on the upside. Market positioning had featured heavily in the turnaround from 1.5000 yesterday, though this also represented a good level for longer term hedging. Corporate names were active, along with repatriation flows from U.K. pension funds. The outlook for GBP is still weak, but a lot of negative news is now priced in. Today's reading also reinforced expectations of a steady hand from the BoE on Thursday.
EUR-CHF firmed up after EUR-USD regained its poise over 1.3000 amid a rise in risk appetite. EUR-CHF steadied just under 1.2240 on Monday and closed around the 1.2250 area, which encouraged light demand on dips today and it extended to 1.2285 after eurozone services PMI data. Momentum on the upside was limited into offers at 1.2280-90, along with some reluctance to over extend EUR longs ahead of Thursday's ECB meeting and of course the ongoing political uncertainty in Italy. USD-CHF has found a modicum of support into the 0.9400 region after it pulled back from 0.9440 on Monday, which compared with Friday's rally highs just over 0.9460. USD-CHF momentum should remain with the upside, though over 0.9450 movement could be challenged by supply related to outstanding option barriers.
USD-CAD eased back some in early North American trade, with Canadian names the noted sellers. It struggled over 1.0300, managing 1.0309 highs before pulling back to 1.0270 levels and then extended to 1.0255 in Asia. The cutting of U.S. equity futures losses appeared to have helped the loonie, as did the modest rebound in oil prices. USD-CAD should continue to trade in lockstep with stock markets ahead of the BoC policy decision on Wednesday.Support is seen at 1.0260-50 now, while stops are noted over 1.0320. Higher up there is option related selling to consider ahead of 1.0350 barriers.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: North America - Mar 05, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- Forex: USD/JPY Technical Analysis ? Topping Below 104.00 Figure?
- Forex: EUR/USD Technical Analysis ? Confirmation Sought to Sell
- Forex: USD/CHF Technical Analysis ? Candles Hint at Rebound
- Forex: GBP/USD Technical Analysis ? Short Trade Target in Sight
- Forex: EUR/GBP Technical Analysis ? Resistance Below 0.84 Held
- Forex: USD/CAD Technical Analysis ? Waiting for Triangle Breakout
- Forex: EURUSD and NZDUSD Reversal vs Breakout
- Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis ? A Turn Lower in the Cards?
- Forex: AUD/USD Technical Analysis ? Key Support Level Threatened
- Forex: GBP/JPY Technical Analysis ? Trend Line Support in Focus
- Forex: EUR/JPY Technical Analysis ? Topping Setup Still in Play
- Forex Strategy Video: Does an RBNZ Hike Ensure a NZDUSD 0.8500 Breakout?
- DailyFX Technical Focus: 3/11/2014
- Trading the Euro Triangle Breakout with Fibonacci Help
- USDJPY Faces Growing Risk for Lower Low on Risk Aversion, BoJ Policy
- An Ultra-Nimble EUR/CAD Scalp Trade
- Two Key Factors Favor further British Pound Weakness versus US Dollar
- Price & Time: Cyclical Storm Coming
- Forex Strategy - NZD/USD Shrugs Off Reversal Signal to Climb Higher
- Forex Strategy - AUD/USD Bounce May Offer New Short Entries
- Forex Strategy - GBP/USD Falls May Continue Post Shooting Star Candle
- Forex Strategy - EUR/USD Bearish Reversal Candles Hint At Correction
- British Pound Rises Following Factory-Production Data
- US Dollar Recovery Signaled Ahead, SPX 500 Continues to Stall
- Forex: Euro Vulnerable as the ECB Reveals Bank Stress Test Criteria
- Japanese Yen Unresponsive as BOJ Keeps Monetary Policy Unchanged
- Crude Oil and Copper Stabilize As China Demand Concerns Ease
- How Trading Outside Of the FX Majors Can Ignite Your Trading
- Yen Cross Bulls Want Reassurance of April QE Upgrade
- Forex: US Dollar Technical Analysis ? Rebound Signal Emerges