Australian Dollar Higher as Rates on Hold, Growth Close to Trend
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about Australian Dollar Higher as Rates on Hold, Growth Close to Trend including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
THE TAKEAWAY: The Australian Dollar rallied after the RBA decided to keep rates on hold at 3.00 per cent citing 2012 domestic growth being close to trend, as well as lessened global risks.
Created Using Marketscope 2.0
The Reserve Bank of Australia has kept the cash rate at 3.00 per cent which was in line with market expectations. The Australian Dollar rallied, as the statement by Governor Glenn Stevens mentioned stabilizing Chinese growth as well as reduced downside risks seen globally.
The statement released by the Reserve Bank outlined improvements in both the American and European economies, as well as reiterating the significant easing that took place in 2012 which is still due to become more apparent. Stevens did warn however, that given the slight softening of the labor market, unemployment edging higher, and growth due to be just below trend this coming year, the RBA would take an accommodative stance of monetary policy. Finally, given the inflation outlook as at present, the Reserve Bank affords scope to ease policy further.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding Australian Dollar Higher as Rates on Hold, Growth Close to Trend, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Pressuring Support Sub-1.34
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Pivotal Trend Line Under Fire
- Is it a Good Time to Get Long the Dollar versus the Japanese Yen?
- USDOLLAR Tests June High; Overbought for First Time in 2014
- FX Reversals: EURCAD Range Reversal Update
- FOMC Forward-Guidance in Focus; EUR/USD Vulnerable to Less-Dovish Fed
- USD/JPY Rallies as US GDP Rebounds Strongly in the Second-Quarter
- USD/JPY Rallies as US GDP Rebounds Strongly in the Second-Quartera
- Price & Time: The Coiled Spring
- AUD/USD 0.9320 Floor In Focus Following Dark Cloud Cover Formation
- GBP/USD Woes May Continue With Bullish Reversal Patterns Absent
- USD/CAD Eyeing 1.0960 Following Morning Star Formation
- USDOLLAR in Breakout Territory amid ADP, GDP, FOMC
- EUR/USD Downside Risk Remains With Reversal Candlesticks Lacking
- Gold And Crude Oil Prep For Volatility On ADP, GDP, FOMC Trifecta
- EUR/USD to Face Further Losses on Strong U.S. 2Q GDP
- Crude Oil, SPX 500 at Trend Support Before Critical US Event Risk
- Dollar Positioned for a Breakout but Will GDP and the Fed Provide?
- US Dollar: 2Q US GDP Data May Outshine FOMC in Driving Volatility
- Trading Video: Dollar at Resistance, S&P 500 at Support Ahead of GDP and FOMC
- How to Use Alternating Waves in a Forex Strategy (Part 1)
- US Dollar Technical Analysis: Marching Toward June Peak
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis: Support Below 1.34 in Focus
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Dollar Moves to 1-Month High
- GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Sellers Target 6-Month Support
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Aiming Above 0.91 Figure
- EUR/GBP Technical Analysis: Familiar Range Still in Play
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: Long Trade Nears First Target
- AUD/USD Technical Analysis: Looking for Defined Breakout
- NZD/USD Technical Analysis: Year-to-Date Uptrend Broken