XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 04, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 04, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD opened in Asia on a slightly firmer footing after it bottomed out on Friday just ahead of 1.2965. It edged off 1.3025 and tested 1.3000, where support was noted over the course of the session. The downturn in regional stocks left bias on the downside and support around 1.2945-50 is a near-term focus intra-day and then 1.2900 thereafter. Sellers are tipped from the 1.3040-50 area and larger offers are seen from 1.3080. ECB's Coeure warned that cental banks cannot replace government inaction, adding that prolonged fiscal profligacy would debase the EUR.
USD-JPY experienced choppy two-way flows. It pulled back from 93.70 early on to trade into 93.35, where Japanese importer bids were noted. However, another attempt to sustain higher levels failed amid talk that Japanese repatriation flows may have gone through ahead of the fiscal year-end later this month, leaving it close to 93.30 during the Asian afternoon. Kuroda made his first address at the Japanese parliament for his confirmation hearing and vowed to end deflation as soon as possible. Kuroda said BoJ has not bought enough assets to end deflation and the most natural way to ease policy further was to increase JGB demand and buy longer-dated bonds.
Cable is the heavier side just in front of 1.5000 after it reached 32-month lows under 1.4990 on Friday. A very poor manufacturing PMI raised the debate over BoE policy easing and there are some analysts that even tip a move next week. However, manufacturing makes up just 10% of the U.K. economy and other U.K. data hasn't been too bad of late. Tuesday's U.K. services PMI is going to be more important for policy and where the pound goes next. There are some very bearish long term forecasts now and several leading money managers are short, including Soros, who infamously triggered sterling's crash out of the ERM in 1992. On the downside, support levels at 1.4965 to 1.4950 could attract in the coming sessions.
EUR-CHF maintained a stable tone close to 1.2260 after it posted a strong rally from 1.2230 to 1.2290 on Friday. A stop hunt in USD-CHF was the catalyst for the EUR-CHF rally and it has held on to a large part of its gains. Dip buying was noted into 0.9410-20 in Asia after it pulled back from just over 0.9460 on Friday as profit taking went through into the weekend. The near-term bias should remain with the topside though, with risk aversion influencing and the EUR pressured ahead of the ECB policy meeting. On the topside, there are good offers ahead of 0.9500, where outstanding option barriers are noted.
USD-CAD bias is still with the topside, with good demand from short term accounts and position traders following the pullback from 1.0340 to 1.0265 on Friday. The in-line Canadian GDP outcome was the catalyst for profit taking into the weekend, but another test of recent highs around 1.0340 looks likely with appetite for risk a struggle as the week gets underway. Offers on the topside are noted up to 1.0340, where an options presence is also tipped ahead of 1.0350 barriers.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: Europe - Mar 04, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- An Ultra-Nimble EUR/CAD Scalp Trade
- Two Key Factors Favor further British Pound Weakness versus US Dollar
- Price & Time: Cyclical Storm Coming
- Forex Strategy - NZD/USD Shrugs Off Reversal Signal to Climb Higher
- Forex Strategy - AUD/USD Bounce May Offer New Short Entries
- Forex Strategy - GBP/USD Falls May Continue Post Shooting Star Candle
- Forex Strategy - EUR/USD Bearish Reversal Candles Hint At Correction
- British Pound Rises Following Factory-Production Data
- US Dollar Recovery Signaled Ahead, SPX 500 Continues to Stall
- Forex: Euro Vulnerable as the ECB Reveals Bank Stress Test Criteria
- Japanese Yen Unresponsive as BOJ Keeps Monetary Policy Unchanged
- Crude Oil and Copper Stabilize As China Demand Concerns Ease
- How Trading Outside Of the FX Majors Can Ignite Your Trading
- Yen Cross Bulls Want Reassurance of April QE Upgrade
- Forex: US Dollar Technical Analysis ? Rebound Signal Emerges
- Forex: EUR/USD Technical Analysis ? Rally Stalls Near 1.39 Mark
- Forex: USD/JPY Technical Analysis ? A Turn Lower Brewing?
- Forex: GBP/USD Technical Analysis ? Short Trade Making Progress
- Forex: USD/CHF Technical Analysis ? Ready to Turn Higher?
- Forex: EURUSD Breakout Struggles for Drive, Yen Watches BoJ
- Forex: EUR/GBP Technical Analysis ? Euro Breaks Key Resistance
- Forex: USD/CAD Technical Analysis ? Looking for Long Entry Setup
- Forex Strategy Video: One Step Into a Dollar Collapse or Another False Break?
- Scalping the EURUSD: Breakout or Fakeout?
- Forex Forecast: Euro Soars, Dollar Slides - A Building Trend?
- Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis ? Possible Topping in the Works
- Forex: AUD/USD Technical Analysis ? Eyeing Support Below 0.90
- USD/CAD 1.1040 is Estimated Support This Week
- Forex: EUR/JPY Technical Analysis ? Readying to Turn Lower?
- Forex: GBP/JPY Technical Analysis ? Support Sub-172.00 at Risk