XE Market Analysis: Europe - Feb 28, 2013
Here you can find all the latest breaking forex and currency news about XE Market Analysis: Europe - Feb 28, 2013 including currency analysis and forecasts, live foreign exchange rates, central bank interest rates, and currency trading strategies from experienced fx traders and forex platforms.
EUR-USD was supported on dips following yesterday's short squeeze. EUR-JPY demand was the catalyst for a move on 1.3160 after it was unable to sustain levels under 1.3050. The improvement in risk appetite helped the EUR tone, but there is also mild optimism that Italy will move through the current political instability without the eurozone going through another meltdown. Yesterday's Italian auctions saw relatively good demand, albeit with higher refinancing costs, while economic fundamentals in the region as a whole are also still improving.
USD-JPY and the JPY crosses were well supported throughout. Japanese importers were notable buyers over the Tokyo fix, while over the course of the session Japanese investment flows were noted in both the dollar pairing and EUR-JPY. The cross traded up to 121.80 during the Asian morning and then pulled back to 121.10, where short term buyers were noted. AUD and NZD saw good retail interest after longs were more confident in these currencies after the clear out in recent sessions. Japan Finance Minister Aso rule out BoJ foreign bond buying, which could be seen as intervention, but added that it is still eyeing FX closely.
Cable maintained a supportive tone following yesterday's grind higher, which left it just shy of 1.5200. It pulled back by the N.Y. afternoon to 1.5120, but found buyers on dips, leaving it over 1.5150 today. News that Vodafone may delay its approach for Kabel Deutschland triggered some unwinding of speculative short positions. There was also added benefit from U.K. Q4 GDP, which was revised up to +0.3% y/y from a flat reading previously. Economic data releases out of the U.K. have been more encouraging since the start of the year, but Cable has tended to trend lower due to BoE policy expectations. However, we are now at levels where a short term base may be building.
EUR-CHF moved back over 1.2200 after Wednesday's European close and has consolidated gains overnight, with EUR-USD on a firmer footing. Most of the action since early in the week has been dominated by repositioning after EUR was severely oversold on the daily chart in the wake of the uncertain Italian election outcome. The market is now taking a slightly more optimistic view and believes that the eurozone will not return to crisis levels from last year. This should keep EUR-CHF steady and buyers are likely into 1.2200 and 1.2180 in the near-term.
USD-CAD headed back to 1.0220 overnight after a rise in risk appetite triggered good demand for the commodity bloc currencies. USD-CAD has scope on the downside after longs played the range after 1.0300 capped on Wednesday. It pulled back from 1.0275-80 and may test bids at 1.0200 if risk appetite can hold up.
The article above is about breaking forex and currency news regarding XE Market Analysis: Europe - Feb 28, 2013, if you have any question about it. Please contact us by using the link below. Thanks for your patience.
- An Ultra-Nimble EUR/CAD Scalp Trade
- Two Key Factors Favor further British Pound Weakness versus US Dollar
- Price & Time: Cyclical Storm Coming
- Forex Strategy - NZD/USD Shrugs Off Reversal Signal to Climb Higher
- Forex Strategy - AUD/USD Bounce May Offer New Short Entries
- Forex Strategy - GBP/USD Falls May Continue Post Shooting Star Candle
- Forex Strategy - EUR/USD Bearish Reversal Candles Hint At Correction
- British Pound Rises Following Factory-Production Data
- US Dollar Recovery Signaled Ahead, SPX 500 Continues to Stall
- Forex: Euro Vulnerable as the ECB Reveals Bank Stress Test Criteria
- Japanese Yen Unresponsive as BOJ Keeps Monetary Policy Unchanged
- Crude Oil and Copper Stabilize As China Demand Concerns Ease
- How Trading Outside Of the FX Majors Can Ignite Your Trading
- Yen Cross Bulls Want Reassurance of April QE Upgrade
- Forex: US Dollar Technical Analysis ? Rebound Signal Emerges
- Forex: EUR/USD Technical Analysis ? Rally Stalls Near 1.39 Mark
- Forex: USD/JPY Technical Analysis ? A Turn Lower Brewing?
- Forex: GBP/USD Technical Analysis ? Short Trade Making Progress
- Forex: USD/CHF Technical Analysis ? Ready to Turn Higher?
- Forex: EURUSD Breakout Struggles for Drive, Yen Watches BoJ
- Forex: EUR/GBP Technical Analysis ? Euro Breaks Key Resistance
- Forex: USD/CAD Technical Analysis ? Looking for Long Entry Setup
- Forex Strategy Video: One Step Into a Dollar Collapse or Another False Break?
- Scalping the EURUSD: Breakout or Fakeout?
- Forex Forecast: Euro Soars, Dollar Slides - A Building Trend?
- Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis ? Possible Topping in the Works
- Forex: AUD/USD Technical Analysis ? Eyeing Support Below 0.90
- USD/CAD 1.1040 is Estimated Support This Week
- Forex: EUR/JPY Technical Analysis ? Readying to Turn Lower?
- Forex: GBP/JPY Technical Analysis ? Support Sub-172.00 at Risk